Insurance & Rates
I currently accept the following health insurance plans (BCBS is pending in North Carolina and Cigna is pending in Florida.):
- Aetna (NC & FL)
- Bright HealthCare (NC)
- Optum (NC & FL)
- Oscar (NC & FL)
- Oxford (NC & FL)
- United Healthcare (NC & FL)
I also provide a limited number of affordable sessions (i.e., $60/session) through Open Path Collective (Affordable Counseling | Affordable Therapy | Open Path Collective).
Depending on your current health insurance provider, it may be possible for your mental health services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services. I would recommend asking your insurance provider the following questions to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and will I need to meet the full deductible in order to have my plan cover mental health benefits?
- Will I need to pay a co-pay for each visit? If so, how much will it be?
- Does my health insurance plan limit the number of sessions I can have per year? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care provider for mental health services to be covered?
Out-of-Network (OON) Benefits
If you are not covered by one of the health insurance plans listed above, your health insurance plan may offer Out-of-Network (OON) benefits. When using OON benefits, you will pay the full out-of-pocket fee for the session on the day of the appointment, and your insurance plan will reimburse you for the full session fee or a portion of the fee. If you would like to use your OON benefits, please call your insurance plan to obtain information about using your OON benefits.
If you decide to use your OON benefits, I would be happy to provide you with a monthly Super Bill, which you may submit to your health insurance plan for reimbursement. You might also consider a service such as Reimbursify (www.reimbursify.com), which makes it easy to submit OON claims.
Rates (full fee/out of pocket)
$165 for 90-minute intake session
$140 for 60-minute therapy session
$125 for 45-minute therapy session
I use Ivy Pay (www.talktoivy.com) to accept payment. When using Ivy Pay, you may use a credit card, debit card, HSA card, or FSA card.
Please contact me with any other questions you may have about insurance and payment. I would be happy to speak with you.